Date: February 5th, 2021, 10:00 am to 11:30 am CET
The European Commission implemented the calls on “SwafS” – that stands for “Science with and for Society” – in the H2020 Research and Innovation Framework Program. The outcomes of these projects build the knowledge for the European approach to RRI. The RRI definition according to the EC is:
“Responsible research and innovation (RRI)” is an approach that anticipates and assesses potential implications and societal expectations with regard to research and innovation, with the aim to foster the design of inclusive and sustainable research and innovation.” (https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/h2020-section/responsible-research-innovation)
Concisely RRI aims that societal actors and the research community build an alliance and work together for finding solutions for Europe’s grand challenges. The roundtable webcast will address the most important issues for scientists and researchers in this context. Discussion points are new orientations in mindset of scientists, changes and new ways in cooperation, stakeholder engagement, and actual developments in “Horizon Europe”, the successor research funding framework program of H2020.
The round table will emphasize the most important aspects and will offer a podium for discussions on the approach in science and innovation considering present and possible future developments focussing RRI. The round table discussion is part of the WTZ Sued Collaboration Project “Connecting.Ideas4Research”.
Guest will be European experts on RRI.
- • Ingeborg Meijer, PhD, Senior researcher and research evaluation consultant, Leiden University, The Nederlands
• Nhien Nguyen, Associate Professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology @NTNU – Senior Researcher at Nordland Research Institute, Norway
- • Marianne Hörlesberger, Senior researcher, Austrian Institute of Technologies GmbH, Austria
- • Matthias Werner, Research Organisation and Services; Coordination of the “Connecting.Ideas4Research” subproject on RRI and digital ethics, University of Applied Sciences FH JOANNEUM, Austria
- • Michalis Tzatzanis, National Contact point for Science with and for Society, expert for social science, FFG, Austria
Host and moderator of the event
- • Brigitte Kriszt, Knowledge and Technology Broker, coordinator of IAMRRI, Montanuniversitaet Leoben, Austria
Language of round table – English (audience may ask questions to the guests also in German)
Please register till. February 4th, 2021, 3:00 pm CET.
WTZ Süd and its collaboration project “Connecting.Ideas4Research” are financed by aws, by means of the National Foundation of Research, Technology and Development (Austrian Funds).